Does your child Need us?
Yes ofcourse. Children are most vulnerable to dental problems. The reasons being their eating and snaking habbits, growth disturbances, injuries during physical activities will many tim ecause problms like dental caries, fractured teeth etc.
Many times parents think that if the problem is with milk teeth it can be left untreated which is wrong. Milk teeth form the foundation for future health of permanaent teeth, proper jaw growth , development of face, speech development and many more. So it is very important to get your children screened for any dental issues regularly.
When should your child see a pediatric dentist?
- If the child is experiencing dental pain.
- if you see your child’s teeth changing colour, stained or spotted.
- Child is complaining of sensitivity of teeth because it could be the first sign of dental caries.
- Bleeding or swollen gums.
- Delayed shedding of milk teeth
- eruption of permanent tooth before shedding of the corresponding milk tooth
- delayed eruption of permanent teeth
- premature loss of milk teeth due to fall or any other reason .
- If your child has thumb sucking habbit. Breaking this habbit is very important for proper eruption of teeth and jaw growth.
When should i take my child for the first dental visit?
As soon as your child’s first tooth erupts to allow the doctor to examine his oral condition and
to educate you about dietary habbits and preventive care.
Is it ok to get my childs milk tooth removed?
It is always good to preserve childs milk teeth untill appropriate age of shedding, because milk tooth helps in proper eruption of permanaet teeth by maintains adequate space. There are several pain free treatments available to save milk teeth.
How to prevent decay in children?
Practice proper eating habbits like
1.avoiding bottle feeding before bed
2. avoiding snaking between meals
Proper brushing of teeth
Ask you doctor to give pit and fissure sealants. Thay will block the areas of food lodgement and prevent decay or dental caries.
How long can children do thumb sucking?
Thumb sucking or use of pacifiers is never good. How ever it is wise to discontinue soon after the eruption of first tooth.
Can scaling be done for children?
Yes , it is safe and doesn’t damage teeth or gums.