Are metal braces ruining your smile and confidence?
Odd to see them in your photos?
Difficulty and heaviness because of the braces’ presence?
We all know that metal braces are a standard solution for aligning teeth, but they are unattractive, uncomfortable and cause sores due to the presence of metal brackets and wires.
What if we told you there is a solution to all these problems, and it can realign your teeth without anyone knowing you are wearing braces?
Bid goodbye to self-consciousness with the perfect solution – Invisible braces! You will no longer have to wear metal braces that are embarrassing, ugly and heavy on your teeth.
They are a far better alternative to metal braces in terms of aesthetics and convenience. This blog will tell you everything you need to know about invisible braces.
Who actually needs invisible braces?
Invisible braces are the perfect solution for many orthodontic issues, including:
- Crowded teeth: A condition where there is less space between the teeth than there should be.
- Rabbit teeth: Where upper teeth stick out more than your lower teeth affecting the overall smile of the person.
- Overbite: Misalignment of the teeth, where the upper front teeth stick out beyond the lower front teeth.
- Crooked teeth: Teeth that are not properly positioned or aligned in the mouth, appearing crowded, tilted, or overlapping.
With invisible braces, you will quickly have your pearly whites perfectly aligned. These braces are suitable for any age, whether teenagers or adults aged between 20 to 40 years, for whom their smile and looks matter!
What are invisible braces, and how do they work?
Invisible braces come with a minimalistic design that is less visible to others than traditional braces. They are ideal for realigning crooked and widely-spaced teeth, though they may be unsuitable for certain misalignment problems or complex bite problems for which traditional braces are more suitable.
So picking the right braces is crucial, and let’s help you understand how to choose the best one.
Difference between invisible and traditional braces
|Invisible Braces||Traditional Braces|
|They are barely recognizable as they are made from clear resin.||They are not aesthetically pleasing to the eye, as they contain metal wires, brace, and tracks, linked across the front surface of the teeth.|
|You need to wear them around 22-24 hours per day for around six to eighteen months.||You must wear them the entire 24 hours of the day, every day of the week, for around two years for them to be effective.|
Types of invisible braces and how they work
Image Source: Freepik
Invisible braces fall into three categories:
- Invisalign braces
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual braces
Invisalign clear aligners: Made of BPA-thermoplastic, they are used to straighten teeth and rectify minor misalignments. The dentist will first make a mold and then design aligners that will have to be worn as part of the treatment. You’ll need to wear them at least 22 hours per day, but you can remove them for two hours of the day for eating and cleaning your teeth.
Lingual Braces: Also called “inner” braces, lingual braces are placed behind the teeth. They are popular since they are not visible even when you grin, as they are at the back of your teeth. Our dental care hospital is an expert at making these braces as per the size and form of your teeth. The orthodontist will make customized wires and brackets that will comfortably fit the line of your teeth based on an exact impression or digital scan of your teeth.
Ceramic Braces: They are made of porcelain but are similar to metal braces. They are used along with archwires and clear brackets, making them almost undetectable to the eye.
They are used to correct overcrowding, crooked teeth, and malocclusion problems. Another advantage of ceramic braces is that you can get them in different colors.
The treatment process
Step 1: Schedule a visit to an orthodontist, who will examine your teeth and bite to see if the braces are suitable for you. If they are right, they will take the teeth’s impressions to create custom aligners. Please note that making these braces takes around 4 weeks.
Step 2: Next, you need to make a second visit to the orthodontist for a fitting. During fitting, the aligners will be checked to see if they fit properly, and if not, they will be adjusted accordingly.
Step 3: Once finalized, you can start wearing the aligners for around 20 to 22 hours a day until the treatment is complete, which usually takes around 12 to 18 months, depending on the severity of the case.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect by getting invisible braces:
- Lesser time for straightening teeth compared to traditional braces.
- They don’t interfere with your lifestyle. There are no food restrictions, and you can even play sports while wearing them.
- They are more comfortable, and anyone can adjust to wearing them in a week or two.
- You can maintain better oral hygiene with invisible braces as you can remove them and continue your normal dental routine.
- With invisible braces, you will need only fewer follow-up visits to your dentist that are less intrusive and of shorter duration compared to traditional braces.
Benefits of getting invisible braces through a specialist
Not all orthodontists and dentists are qualified to treat people with invisible braces. Getting a specialist trained in invisible braces will be your first step in the treatment process.
Such a specialist practising at the best dental care hospital will offer benefits like:
- Customized fit: Your specialist will look at your overall oral health and your smile before taking impressions of your mouth. He will create a personalized treatment plan specific to your needs to ensure you get the results you want. He will help you select the right invisible braces for your teeth.
- Safe orthodontic care: Getting orthodontic treatment without the help of a specialist is a big risk to your oral health. Teeth alignment requires the experience of a skilled orthodontist at every point since it is a long-term treatment that may take 12 to 18 months. You need the guidance of an expert orthodontist to solve any problem that happens in between.
- Expert guidance: We will guide, care and support you at every stage of the process, ensuring the best outcomes. We will inform you about taking care of your invisible braces and the foods or activities you need to avoid, if any.
How to take care of invisible braces
Here are some handy tips to take care of invisible braces:
- Before putting them on again, the aligners should be rinsed in cold water.
- Using an orthodontic toothbrush like Stemi and clear, liquid, antibacterial soap, you can clean the aligners. However, avoid using hot water as it can damage them.
- The aligners need to be soaked in a denture or retainer cleaner like Polident every night whenever they are taken out to kill any bacteria present.
- Brush and floss your aligners after every meal to remove lodged food particles. Avoid toothpaste, as it can damage your aligners.
- Don’t eat anything sticky or chewy, like gum.
- Avoid coloured drinks, as they can easily stain your aligners. Eating crunchy and hard foods such as meat with bones in it is also risky.
Invisible braces are, without a doubt, the perfect solution for people who want to align their teeth without letting the world know about it.
If you are seeking orthodontic treatment, visit the dental clinic of Gnathos Dental, the preferred choice for invisible braces in Hyderabad.
At Gnathos, you receive a wide range of choices, including braces from reputed international brands like Invisalign. We provide options from affordable, budget-friendly to premium invisible braces from reputed brands.
Gnathos, with its patient-centric approach, ensuring a comfortable treatment experience, will leave you smiling with satisfaction.